October 7, 2020
What faith is and how to stand by faith
Jude:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Four absolutes of Eschatos living
- Building up yourselves on your most holy faith - Pistisology
- Praying in the Holy Ghost - Proseucheology
- Keep yourselves in the love of God - Agapeology
- Looking for the mercy of our Lord - Harpazology
Our focus is building up yourselves in your most holy faith
Our discovery so far: Even though they are from the same family Contending for the faith for the common salvation is different to living by faith. Saving faith and solving faith. You are to build on saving faith to solving faith. Saving faith for salvation - Solving faith for solutions.
Sevenfold definition of living by faith
- Living by faith means that you are living like Jesus earthly walk. It means your sojourning on the earth is like that of Jesus. His walk on the earth was a faith walk and was anointed of the Holy Spirit.
- Living by faith means that you are living by the highest established principle of God’s word.
- Living by faith means I act on the Word of God like I would act upon the word of a trusted counselor, lawyer etc. If I don’t act upon the Word then I only have mental assent.
- Living by faith means I take charge of a situation through God’s word.
- Living by faith means that you live by the past tense of God’s Word. That is living in the legal aspects of redemption to enjoy the vital aspects of redemption.
- Living by faith means that you live by the pressure of the Word of God rather than the pressure of this world.
- Time tries trust
- Time tries temperament
- Time test tenacity
- Living by faith means that you slap an injunction against the devil to stop moving in on your jurisdiction.
What is faith and how to stand in faith?
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen
Threefold definition of hupostasis
Faith is the hupostasis
A- Hupostasis - substructure and foundation
hupo = under
Stasis = stand
Substructure under your hope
B - Hupostasis - Title deed - a legal document constituting evidence of a right especially to ownership of property.
Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, [a]the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. AMPC
The word "hupostasis" was also used in some Greek literature and in Koine Greek . A number of years ago archaeologists uncovered the burned ruins of an old inn in Northern Israel. They discovered or unearthed a small iron chest containing apparently the valuable papers of a Roman noblewoman who had been travelling in Israel at the time.
This little chest was filled with papers with the superscription HUPOSTASIS at the top of almost every paper. At the time all business transactions were done in Greek because it was the worldwide language of business and culture, even though the Rome was the superpower of the world at the time. Like today English is the business language of the day and US dollars the currency of business worldwide.
These papers which had the superscription HUPOSTASIS across the top were the TITLE DEEDS to her properties!
C - Hupostasis - Same essence
The Greek word hupotasso is of great significance in the history of Christian theology.This word was engaged in to settle the debate over the nature of God, and, most specifically about the nature of the Son of God. In other words his divinity.
The writers of the Nicene Creed settled on the word hupostasis to describe the divinity of Jesus. They said that the Father and the Son are of the same hupostasis–the same essence. They are of the same essential nature.
Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person(hupostasis), and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
This will help interpret Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the “essence” of things hoped for–it is the “essential nature” of our hope.
Faith is the substance, substructure, the title deed and the same essence of the things you hoped for the evidence of things not seen.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen
Now pistis is the materialization of THINGS UNSEEN AND HOPED FOR.
Now the Word is the title deed of the things hoped for; the evidence of things not seen.